Monday, September 6, 2010

Ohio Trip Part 1 (Columbus)

On August 28 I traveled with Pepper on the plane for the first time. We were really lucky and got non-stop flights. It was sad to have to leave Josh for a whole week, but I was also really excited to see my family. Particularly my aunts Sato and Hisaeko from Japan, and Hatsuho's kids Clara and James in Cleveland.

Here we are being picked up at the Columbus airport by my parents. They haven't seen Pepper since March so as you can imagine they were really excited to play with her.


I ate so much yummy food in Ohio, half of my pictures are of food. So I'm going to do a separate post later of just food we ate. Here are some pictures of the yummy sukiyaki we had though.

Sato was absolutely in love with Pepper. The two of them were inseparable. It helped immensely to have so many people willing to watch Pepper all the time.


Three of the five Kasai sisters.


Hisaeko and Sato being cute at Jo-Ann Fabrics. They liked the crafty Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations.

My mom, Sato, and Hisaeko all had a blast at Burlington Coat Factory where they all got clothes for really cheap.

Sato could work some magic... she always got Pepper to fall asleep.

Pepper meeting Crickey for the first time.

Pepper being doted on by her great-aunts.

Since we wanted to have Hisaeko to have the full American experience, we ordered pizza from Papa Johns. They were impressed at how much pizza we could get for a low price. I was impressed with Papa Johns' website for online ordering, it is one of the best I've seen for pizza places.


Cute Pepper in the high chair.

Pepper liked sucking on this plastic drumstick. It looked really funny.


Crickey being really good in the car on the way to Cleveland.


Add Image

2 comments:

Yukiko said...

oh my gosh every picture is so cute! did they rent a car?

Tomoko said...

さやかがいる間の一週間ミニバンをかりて
クリーブランドとかあちこち行きました。