Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Food in Ohio

Anyone who knows our family knows that we love food. A lot. We're that family who always takes pictures at restaurants, and takes pictures of the food. Weird? Maybe. But following in that tradition, here are some pictures of the food I ate on my Ohio trip:

Sweet potato steamed bread made by my mom.

Futomaki and miso soup.

Homemade tsukemono.

Strawberry babaloa (or bavarois as we learned from Kiko's blog :)

Sukiyaki.

Upon my request, squid! With spinach and black sesame. Sooo good.

The spread.

A close-up of the yummy squid. Heaven!

Eggplant strips wrapped in shiso leaves.

At Hatsuho's house in Cleveland.

Butter mochi.

Coconut cookies.

Salad with cheese, apple, and cranberries.

Homemade pizza. This one has chicken, fresh tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. There was another one with fresh tomatoes and fresh basil. Yum.

Chopped up shiso leaves for our tsuyu (for somen and tempura.) That is yuzu salt in the background. Sooo good with tempura.

I know I'm weird for taking this photo, but I love daikon oroshi. I grated it myself, just like old times :)

Tempura.

My place setting.

Somen.

Some Yokohama Harbor cakes from Hisaeko... filled with chestnut cream, it was sooo sooo divinely yummy.

Takoyaki.

Haha I didn't know Hatsuho took a close-up of her portion too (see her blog.) We must be sisters.

Sushi at Akai Hana restaurant.

Japanese food pretty much rocks.

6 comments:

Nijiko said...

this post just made me so hungry. jap food really is the best

Tomoko said...

え~、さやか いつの間にこんなに食べ物の写真とったの?
さやかが帰ってからうどん、酢豚、やきとり
B.B.Qしたんだよ。
食べ物の写真見るのママも好きです。

Tomoko said...

え~、さやか いつの間にこんなに食べ物の写真とったの?
さやかが帰ってからうどん、酢豚、やきとり
B.B.Qしたんだよ。
食べ物の写真見るのママも好きです。

H.Cook said...

Whaaat I missed so much yummy food!!!

*MiCh* said...

i still grate daikon old school style....;) wow, i forgot how much i miss that squid dish too!!! how is it even made?!?? i dont want to touch a raw squid...

Yukiko said...

i haven't had somen with oroshi forever :( Hatsuho went all out! THose mochi look good. And mommy's babaloa makes me remember how bad I am at making it.