Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hiroshima Mission Reunion

I was excited to be able to attend this year's mission reunion. I got to see a lot of people I love and catch up with them a little bit. The Hiroshima mission reunion is never as well attended as other mission reunions because half of the returned missionaries live in Japan, but we still had fun. I thought there would be more people with babies there this year because I know of at least a couple of babies who were born at the same time as Pepper, but none of them came this time. Maybe next year.

It was a really long drive up, and we ended up being an hour late because the rush hour traffic in the Provo/Orem area was sooo bad.

Here I am with my friend Ma-chan (Masae) from the Yasufuruichi ward who helped us out a ton. She is currently attending UVU. I'm also with Sister Matsumoto, who is one of my favorite people ever, and even though we were never companions, she might as well have been because we worked alongside each other so much and did a lot of musical numbers together.

The obligatory silly face picture, of course. It's a Japan thing.

With the amazing sister Yeh. Sister Yeh just barely got back from her second mission in Taiwan. She would keep serving missions forever if she had the money.

The lovely Sister Takeshima (now Sister Tueller.) I was never companions with her either but we were practically sisters in the field. She took over Yasufuruichi after me and saw tons of baptisms there.

She's pregnant with a baby due in April. She gets morning sickness so badly that she has to have an IV in her hand. I definitely feel for her.

Here's the group photo that I hastily got everyone together for because I was in a hurry to get to Michiru and Brody's for dinner. Not badly attended for the third year I think. Josh isn't in this because he took the photo.

Thanks to the Montgomery's for always organizing this event.

2 comments:

H.Cook said...

Your makeup was a good investment :)

Tomoko said...

伝道終わった後、みんなに会っていろいろな話が聞けるのはたのしいよね。