Thursday, July 1, 2010

17 Weeks Old

Time flies for sure when you have a baby. I think this week's biggest development is her strength. She seems pretty determined to start crawling soon and can hold herself up in different positions for increasingly longer lengths of time.

She is also getting really good with her hands and can grab any object in front of her and put it in her mouth. Some of her new favorite toys are diapers and spoons, and she loves to stare at herself in the mirror.

She is pretty needy... she starts fussing every time we leave her alone but as soon as we come back she gets these huge grins on her face.

She really likes music. She likes listening to Josh play the guitar and stays calm when I sing to her. Her favorite songs are the ABC song and "Zou-san."

As you can see from the unsnapped buttons in some of these photos, she is starting to grow out of her 0-3 month old onesies. She is really starting to pork out :)

If you look closely, she also has little scabs on her nose and forehead. She just won't stop scratching her face. The good thing is, I can now get through trimming about 7 of her 10 fingers before she starts getting upset with me. Huge improvement.








Standing with her cousin, Ryann.



Per Yukiko's request, here are some videos of Pepper I took throughout the day.

She is so cute whenever she wakes up, but I can never get the full cuteness on camera because as soon as she sees the camera she gets really serious and stops smiling.

This is me playing one of her favorite games. Finally, I got her laughing in a video because her cousin Jamin took the video for me!

4 comments:

Yukiko said...

Yaaay! Thank you! She gets cuter every day! Her hair really looks a lot lighter and I like that she's getting chunkier!

Tomoko said...

Ha~i, then turn pepper-chan other side. sooo cute!

mich said...

cuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!

H.Cook said...

awww she has a big smile! I like her girly squeals.