Thursday, August 26, 2010

My 26th Birthday

I really can't believe I'm 26. Up until 25 I still felt like I didn't have to be too grown up yet, that I was still allowed to be trying to figure things out.

Now I'm kinda like, ugh, where are all those books I was gonna write, the businesses I was gonna start, the marathons I was supposed to have run?

But I know I still have all the opportunities in the world. I falsely believed that I was trying to become something, and I'm coming to realization that I'm always just going to be me. Past, present, and future.

Anyway, I think about my life with Josh, and having given birth to Pepper, and my mission, and all the books I've read, and all the things I know how to do, and really, 26 years is what it takes to accomplish all those things. So happy birthday to me :)

My birthday was on Monday, which unfortunately was also the first day of school for Josh. It was also my parents 30th anniversary, which is much more important than my 26th birthday. So I really didn't want anything extravagant. I can say that I didn't do any dishes or laundry all day long. Woohoo!

Despite going to classes and getting organized for the semester, Josh was able to take some time out to go climbing at the gym with me. Here are some pictures of Pepper having a go on the climbing wall. She has quite a grip for a 5 month old!






There were a bunch of other people there so we started a game of add-on with them.



For dinner we went to Costa Vida, one of our favorite places. We had a tres leches cake for dessert. Pepper was really eyeing the cake, so we gave her a tiny taste. She's definitely going to have a sweet tooth like her daddy.



I haven't thought of goals and stuff yet, but off the top of my head...
  • I want to get in really good shape before my next pregnancy and hopefully beat gestational diabetes. I will try to achieve this via P90X and running.
  • I'm thinking about going back to school and finishing my degree.
  • I need to finally get this story that's been in my head forever down on paper.
  • Try to start contributing to our income, which will probably involve going back into the resume writing business with my old boss, or teaching piano lessons.
  • Be better about recording things, i.e. have a scripture reading chart.
Thanks for all of your love!

3 comments:

Nijiko said...

happy birthday sayaka! one day i will come celebrate with you...and you will be ripped from p90x and teach me rock climbing, haha. I love pics of Pepper! is that rock climbing pic for real? looks like shes in the middle of a pull up!

Yukiko said...

whoa she really IS eyeing that cake

H.Cook said...

Good job with the onesie!