Sunday, June 20, 2010

Josh's First Father's Day

As you can see from these pictures, Josh and Pepper are best buds. He makes her laugh all the time, it is so cute to watch. For some reason I can't get her to laugh yet, but she laughs for him every time.

For father's day I made a breakfast of French toast, bacon, and strawberries. His present was a new white shirt for church and some Twix bars. They handed out bags of cookies to all the fathers at church.

I always knew Josh would be an excellent father. He's so great with kids; all of the nieces and nephews love the crap out of him. He's so good at loving them unconditionally and helping them find confidence in themselves and is always willing to sacrifice time to help them learn new things and feel needed.






He is always so excited to see Pepper when he comes home from work, and she'll immediately light up when she sees him, even if she was just fussing for me moments before. Someday she'll see me as more than her food. Someday.




I am so grateful for Josh. He's an incredible example to me and I feel so lucky that we get to be such a happy family.

ALSO... Happy Father's Day to my dad, who is one of the most incredible people I know! I love you Poppy!

3 comments:

H.Cook said...

Happy Father's Day Josh!!

I LOVE Pepper's smiles! Please please seriously consider coming out to Ohio soon, I want to see her before she is big!!!!!!! We need some Pepper and James photos...

Tomoko said...

Sayaka..your words make me cry....
Josh is incredible wonderful dad.
Pepper Mei-chan is sooooo cute!

Yukiko said...

ahh if there were pepper + james photos that would be cute overload. she looks like she's standing really well in that pic! happy late father's day to josh!