Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Climbing Competition

Josh had been wanting to enter this climbing competition for a while, so he finally signed up at the last minute. Even though we haven't gone climbing in a really long time (like, I don't think we've gone once this year) he entered the advanced category. Mostly because they were raffling off a mondo (sp?) bouldering pad, which is like the coolest kind of bouldering pad they make these days I guess.




He started out really strong and it looked like he was gonna do really well. But on the last couple of climbs (he did seven all together) you could tell that his arms didn't have the endurance they used to and his grip was failing. He did complete the Black Diamond climb on his first try though, which got him into the drawing for the bouldering pad. Also he managed to take fourth overall.

Prizes were given out at Costa Vida afterward which was pretty fun except my burrito gave me super bad indigestion which made it really uncomfortable for me the whole time. We got tons of free decals and random stuff, and then Josh won a chalkbag with chalk and a chalk sock which was cool. We didn't get the pad, but we made new friends and both got a free T-shirt so I guess overall it was worth it :)

We will have to climb more when I'm not pregnant anymore.

No comments: